Morning breakfast can’t get any better than this. This morning I opted for a healthy low maintenance breakfast that took all of 5 minutes to prepare. This Candied Walnut Berry Yogurt is rich in protein, very refreshing and an energy booster. The thick creamy texture of the Greek yogurt mixed with fresh berries and lightly sweetened walnuts had me wanting more.
As you already know, candied walnuts are optional. Regular walnuts would work just fine or no nuts at all. I love candied walnuts and any excuse to make them… well, you better believe I’m going to candy those babies. I think they make this recipe more interesting while adding texture, and those candied walnuts require only a couple of simple ingredients just brown sugar and butter. That’s it! All I do is add a little butter, brown sugar, and chopped walnuts to a saute pan over medium high heat and stir to coat. This only takes a few minutes – nothing fancy or time consuming. I placed a few heaping spoonfuls of my favorite vanilla Greek yogurt into cute little bowls and topped it with beautiful fresh strawberries, blueberries and delicious candied walnuts and there you have it Candied Walnut Berry Yogurt.
Due to my busy morning and afternoon, I decided to save the other serving of yogurt as an afternoon snack. This was perfect.
Even if I didn’t get around to eating lunch, I still had healthy snack options that would curb my appetite. One of my goals, is to continue to make a conscious effort of keeping healthy snacks readily available throughout the day to prevent myself and my family from making unhealthy choices. I challenge you to do the same.
I love that this Candied Walnut Berry Yogurt allows me to indulge without feeling guilty. This is perfect on those morning when I’m racing against the clock. It’s quick, simple, healthy, and so G-O-O-D.
- 4 heaping spoons vanilla greek yogurt Plain or other flavors of yogurt will work also
- handful fresh strawberries
- handful fresh blueberries
- handful chopped candied walnuts
- 1 tsp brown sugar plus a little more
- 1 tsp butter plus a little more
- Wash fruit and cut strawberries. Set aside.
- Add butter, brown sugar, and walnuts to a saute pan over medium high heat and stir making sure walnuts are coated. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add yogurt to a cute bowl and top with fresh fruit and candied walnuts.
**Please note: Nutritional values serve as a guide only as values may vary.