I think we are long overdue for a little indulgence. Oh yeah, homemade cakes, pies, cookies or candy, I just can't handle it. So today, I thought this would be a good time to share my Homemade Moist Yellow Cake recipe. It's not heavy or too sweet but very satisfying.
This buttery bundt is drizzled with melted semi-sweet Ghirardelli chocolate, homemade caramel sauce, and chopped walnuts for a little added texture. The chocolate caramel combination and mere simplicity makes this Homemade Moist Yellow Cake very unique. It satisfies your chocolate fix while the caramel sauce adds a sweet delicate taste.
If you're strapped for time but are looking to whip up a dessert that's low maintenance, moist, and delicious, this delightful cake is perfect.
It requires basic ingredients that you may already have in your pantry and fridge. Surprise your family or dinner guests with this Homemade Moist Yellow Cake and top with melted chocolate, caramel, and walnuts. You can feel free to frost the cake with your favorite type of frosting.
Ready for the fun part... ok then, let's get baking.
Check out these basic baking tips:
- use soften butter rather than melted
- preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- let eggs get to room temperature
- let milk get to room temperature
- allow liquid ingredients to reach room temperature
- coat your cake pans with baking spray that contains flour (your cake will release from the cake pan perfectly)
- only open your oven when the cake is nearly done baking to prevent it from collapsing
- when baking desserts, always measure accurately with measuring cups and measuring spoons
- measure all your ingredients and place into mixing bowls before mixing ingredients (doing this makes the process faster and less complicated)
If you know of any baking tips that I've left out that you would like to share. Please comment below.
- 2 sticks butter soften
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose unbleached flour sifted or cake flour
- 1 tblsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup whole milk at room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 full bar ghirardelli semi-sweet baking bar
- 4 tblsp butter
- 3 tblsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare your bundt pan by spraying with baking spray. In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar using a mixer on medium high speed. Add each egg separately and beat after each addition. Add the vanilla extract and stir.
- In a mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, and salt and run through a sifter. Slowly add 1/3 of the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat, add 1/2 a cup of milk to the butter mixture and beat, add another 1/3 of the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat, add the remaining cup of milk to the butter mixture and beat, add the last 1/3 of the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan and bake at 350 degrees. Oven times may vary. After 35 minutes insert a toothpick into the cake and see if it comes out clean. If the toothpick does not come out clean, bake for a few extra minutes and test again with toothpick. When cake is done, invert it onto a plate or wire rack and let it cool.
- ** Melting Chocolate** Follow instructions for melting chocolate on packaging. Instructions are provided on the inside packaging of the Ghirardelli Baking Bar. When cool, pour into a zip loc bag and cut tip for drizzling. Set aside.
- ** Caramel Sauce** In a small saucepan, over low heat, melt butter, brown sugar, and vanilla extract stirring frequently for about 4 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes until caramel sauce thickens. When cool, pour into a zip loc bag and cut tip for drizzling. Set aside.
- When cake has completely cooled, squeeze the prepared zip loc bags pushing the ingredients downward and drizzle the top of the cake with melted chocolate, caramel and sprinkle with walnuts.
- Store remaining cake is an air tight cake storage container to retain freshness.