Today, I’m getting straight to the point. First, can we say yes to Quinoa Roasted Corn Salad?
The weekend is over and it was a good one. Yes, today is Monday but that doesn’t mean suffering from the Monday blues. Instead of dreading the fact that it’s Monday, let’s vow to do our best to make things a little easier in our lives. With all we do as working people, entrepreneurs, and our other important roles, we sometimes forget that planning ahead can make a big difference in our daily lives. This simple concept can allow us the opportunity to do more things we enjoy. Whether it’s going for an evening stroll, catching up on a good book, having movie night, or enjoying company with friends or family, is in our reach. With proper planning, all these things are possible.
So, how do we tackle planning ahead? Well, I think this concept of planning ahead should first take place within our home. Our home is our foundation, our safe-haven, the essence of who we are, and it’s only right that this humble place, we call home, is where our planning begin.
Let’s start with planning our dinner meals in advance. I understand that the concept seems simple; however I also understand that it can be challenging sitting down and planning out a week’s meal. On the other hand, I find that when our dinner meals are planned in advance, the transition from school to home or work to home makes for a more relaxing evening. This way, I’m spending less time in the kitchen and more quality time with my family or simply having some “me” time. I challenge you to do the same.
If you haven’t planned out your dinner for this evening, get a head-start with this Quinoa Roasted Corn Salad.
It’s warm with a little tinge of sweetness from the corn.
You can serve it as a light dinner or a side dish. This wholesome dish has all the nutrients you need in one bowl.
Give it a try and tell me what you think.
- 1 - 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon zest for garnish
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley for garnish
- 3 leaves chopped kale or more if you prefer
- 2 ears fresh corn or you can use canned corn
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/2 box pasta shells
- Cook quinoa as instructed on packaging (1 cup quinoa to 2 cups water)
- Cook pasta as instructed on packaging and drain when done
- Place fresh ears of corn on cooking sheet to roast for 15 to 20 minutes at 425 degrees (do not remove jackets) Cut corn kernels off ears when done (be careful - they're hot)
- Chop parsley, zest lemon and set aside for garnish
- In skillet, add olive oil over medium heat and saute chopped kale until it just wilts Transfer to small plate and set aside
- When quinoa and pasta are done, place desired amount of quinoa and pasta in a serving dish, add corn, sauteed kale, lemon zest and parsley
- Toss all ingredients together and drizzle a little olive oil on top, season with salt and pepper to taste and enjoy
**Please note: Nutritional values serve as a guide only as values may vary.