This simple and flavorful shrimp bowl recipe is so quick and easy. Juicy shrimp seasoned to perfection with cumin, coriander, smoked paprika, salt and a splash of fresh lime juice. It's paired with a bed of green and purple cabbage and a delectable dressing for a dish that's wholesome, clean and made in 20 minutes or less.
This dish is ideal for lunch or dinner. It's made with a few simple ingredients but can be tailored based on what you have in your fridge. Remember that most of my recipes are easily adaptable based on your own individual taste and your pantry staples, or simply what you have on hand.
Lately, I've been challenging myself to prepare meals with ingredients I already have in my kitchen. Sometimes, this requires a little creativity which is great as it forces me to sometimes think outside-the-box. I work full-time so the last thing I want to do before coming home from work is to stop by the grocery store which drives me nuts.
Grabbing a few ingredients here and there to round off a dinner just isn't always a good use of my time, especially on busy weeknights. So, with that being said my friends, I'm here to tell you that you do not always have to have the most beautiful meal for dinner, or visit the grocery store multiple times per week. Make your weeknight dinners easy by whipping up a quick and delicious meal like this shrimp bowl recipe.
If nothing else, I hope this post provides you with inspiration to create simple and delicious weeknight dinners for you and your family to enjoy.
On this particular day, I had shrimp on hand, cabbage, and tahini (for a salad dressing) in my fridge... and that was dinner. I love this dish because it's not only simple to make, but it's light and the perfect dish for when you just want a nice, clean, and healthy low-carb meal that you can quickly serve for lunch or dinner.
HOW TO MAKE THIS SHRIMP BOWL RECIPE
- Marinade shrimp with cumin, coriander, garlic powder, smoked paprika, kosher salt and lime juice & pan fry for a few minutes on both sides
- Thinly slice green and purple cabbage
- Make tahini dressing
- Add cabbage to bowl, top with shrimp, and drizzle with tahini dressing or a dressing of your choice
TIP: If you're not into texture or crunch, you can dress your cabbage with your favorite salad dressing and place in the fridge while you cook your shrimp. This will allow the dressing to soften the cabbage so it's not as crunchy.
HOW TO ADAPT THIS SHRIMP BOWL RECIPE
As stated above, this shrimp bowl recipe is easily adaptable.
- Make into a tasty Mexican shrimp bowl by adding in roasted corn, black beans, chopped tomatoes and sliced avocado garnished with cilantro leaves
- Make into a Shrimp Vegetable Quinoa Bowl bowl with black beans
- Make into a shrimp sushi bowl with cabbage, carrots cut into matchsticks, avocado, cauliflower rice or sushi rice
All of these shrimp bowl recipe ideas would be wonderful with a great dipping sauce.
In case you're looking for other shrimp recipe ideas, check out these (CLICK THE LINKS BELOW):
Seafood Chicken Gumbo Recipe (A True Family Favorite)
Or, click the link to Sign Up for our Newsletter. I promise to not overwhelm you with a bunch of emails.
More importantly, thank you for visiting my blog.
Shrimp Bowl Recipe
- 2 lbs fresh raw shrimp deveined and cleaned
- 1 head purple cabbage depending on number of people serving
- 1 head green cabbage depending on number of people serving
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil or any oil of your choice (EVOO or avocado oil)
- 1/2 tbsp clarified butter use clarified butter or ghee if making Whole30
- Devin, clean, and pat dry shrimp with paper towel. Place shrimp in mixing bowl. Season with salt, cumin, coriander, garlic powder, and smoked paprika and lime juice. Set aside.
- Clean, dry, and thinly cut green and purple cabbage. Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium high heat. Add grapeseed oil (extra virgin olive oil, avocado oil). Add shrimp to pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on both side until no longer pink. (DO NOT OVERCOOK). Remove from pan and place in a clean bowl.
- With a paper towel, wipe out pan until it's dry. In same pan add ghee, clarified butter or regular butter and allow to melt. Add minced garlic and saute until fragrant about 15 to 30 seconds. Add shrimp back to pan and stir until all shrimp are coated with butter.
- Place cabbage in bowl and top with shrimp. Drizzle with favorite salad dressing and serve.