Come on over for Lemon Garlic Salmon at Cree’s.
Okay, so here’s the story. I decided to have an impromptu afternoon with the ladies at my place and serve something simple, light and tasty.
I wanted to serve something filling without a ton of carbs. One of my friend’s is on a low carb diet and has lost 2o pounds. She’s ecstatic about her weight loss, so I definitely wanted to serve something that she would eat and not feel guilty. So, Lemon Garlic Salmon with steamed asparagus would be perfect.
Okay, so back to the story. Well, I knew my hubby and kids were going to be gone for several hours this afternoon, and I thought what better time than to have the ladies over for lunch, some type of sparkling beverage, and of course great conversation.
I called them up a couple hours before my hubby and kids left, and they both without any hesitation said, “Oh yes” I’m there. With just as much excitement in my voice as they had in theirs, I said, “Cool, see you soon”.
However, the best news of all is that I didn’t have much prepping to do nor did I need to use a ton of ingredients. But, I felt something was missing. I felt that I needed to serve some form of a carb. To make a long story short, I decided to serve the Lemon Garlic Salmon and steamed asparagus with a quick rice pilaf. This wouldn’t have been a problem because my friend has amazing will-power, so I knew she wouldn’t be tempted by the rice pilaf.
Before they arrived, I prepped the star of the show, the Lemon Garlic Salmon. I used a sharp knife to cut small slits into the salmon steaks then stuffed each slit with fresh garlic slivers.
Finally, the ladies arrived. Oh, it was so nice. We ate and talked for hours, and they absolutely loved the Lemon Garlic Salmon. It was cooked perfectly and still soft and moist on the inside with a slight sear on the outside. The salmon flaked so nicely and the garlic flavor was just the right amount and was not over-powering. Let’s not forget about the dash of citrus from the lemon that took this dish to another level of greatness.
Fast forward, after, that delicious lunch, we all grabbed a throw (I love throw blankets), sat on the sofa, poured a glass of champagne, gave a toast, and just talked and laughed. We were not interrupted by the kids or our husbands.
- 2-3 tbspoon extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt to taste
- 4 garlic cloves cut into small slivers
- lemon sliced and more for garnish
- chopped parsley for garnish
- 2 large salmon fillet cut into steaks
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (to be used later) see below
- Cut fresh garlic into small slivers and set aside
- Cut large salmon fillet into nice size salmon steaks. Take sharp knife and cut slits into salmon steak. Fill each slit with garlic slivers. Season with salt and pepper.
- In large oven proof skillet, heat 2-3 tablespoons olive oil over medium to high heat. When skillet is really hot, place salmon in skillet and sear until salmon just begins to caramelize.
- Remove skillet from stove-top and continue cooking salmon in oven. After 5 minutes, place a few lemon slices in skillet but not directly on top of salmon. Continue cooking in oven for 5 to 10 more minutes.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley on top of salmon. Serve immediately.
Be careful not to overcook the salmon. It can become very dry.
I bought 2 large salmon fillets and cut each fillet into 3 salmon steaks.