I really want to label this post 'For the Love of Pineapple', but I'll refrain for now. I can't even begin to tell you how many pineapples I've bought over the past two months. Seriously, I've purchased a ridiculous amount, and they've all been sweet, succulent and refreshing. This past Father's Day was a complete game changer in the world of pineapple. So, my brother made reservations and arranged for our family to celebrate Father's Day and our dad's birthday at a Brazilian restaurant. This particular restaurant is known for their red meat and steak which was rather fitting since most of the men in my family are true meat eaters. However, as I sat at the dinner table, no other food mattered accept the Brazilian Pineapple Dessert. I couldn't wait to fast forward to dessert and wrap my lips around those slices of warm cinnamon flavored pineapple.
Today, I'm bringing you an inspired Brazilian Pineapple Dessert recipe that's warm, light, healthy and oh so good. The brown sugar and cinnamon rub adds the perfect balance of sweet and tart that will satisfy your taste buds. If you love pineapple like we do, Brazilian Pineapple Dessert is definitely worthy as an item on your dinner table. It's the perfect guilt-free snack or dessert that's ready in 5 minutes, and let's not forgot about the health benefits of pineapple.
How to Make Brazilian Pineapple Dessert
No need for a grill. Set your oven to 500 degrees and you're good to go.
- Pineapple: Before making this dessert, make sure that your pineapple is ripe. If it isn't, leave it out on your kitchen counter top for a couple of days or until you feel that it has reached its point of ripeness.
- Dry rub: Prepare a brown sugar and cinnamon dry rub.
- Grab your baking sheet, parchment paper, a sharp knife for removing the skin, and let's get roasting.
As you can see, Brazilian Pineapple Dessert is so easy, requires only a few ingredients, and can be made in the blink of an eye.
Brazilian Pineapple Dessert
- 1 whole ripe pineapple
- 1 tbsp brown sugar maybe more depending on the size of your pineapple
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper for an easy clean-up.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon and mix.
- Remove skin and pits from pineapple.
- Stand pineapple upright on prepared baking sheet and tilt the pineapple using one hand. While tilting the pineapple, using your other hand, sprinkle the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture over the entire surface of the pineapple. Stand pineapple upright and place baking sheet in oven on the middle rack.
- Bake prepared pineapple for 5 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and carefully slice pineapple. Pineapple will be warm enough to handle, however, still handle with care. Take extra precaution in case the pineapple is too warm for you to handle. Keep in mind that you want to serve the pineapple warm.