Roasted Asparagus with Garlic is the perfect side dish to compliment vegetarian or non-vegetarian dishes. Asparagus is a Spring vegetable and is very popular around this time of year. I would say that it has an acquired taste that some may not like. However, if you're lucky enough to taste asparagus that has been cooked perfectly, you'll be hooked.
Whether it's cooked on top of the stove, in the oven or grilled, it literally cooks within minutes. The beauty of this vegetable is that it's very versatile. Asparagus can be used as an ingredient in stir fry dishes, in an array of salads, served alongside you're favorite protein or served alone. Due to its unique mild flavor, asparagus is best when it's well seasoned and enhanced with flavor as in this easy oven Roasted Asparagus With Garlic. This simple side is packed with a fresh citrus garlicky punch.
HOW TO COOK OVEN ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH GARLIC (STEP BY STEP)
Prepare baking sheet: Use parchment paper or foil for an easy clean up.
Trim asparagus: Because the ends of the asparagus are tough and woody, it's best to trim about an inch off each stalk using a sharp knife. You can simply bundle your asparagus together and remove the white woody ends in one swoop.
Prepare asparagus: After removing the ends, drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the asparagus making sure each asparagus is lightly coated. Next, season with kosher salt (to taste) or any other seasonings of your choice.
Roast asparagus: Place baking sheet in the oven and roast the asparagus for 8 minutes. It is crucial that you do not over-bake the asparagus as this could result in an unpleasant tasting side dish.
Toppings: After removing the asparagus from the oven, top with lime juice, minced garlic, toasted pistachios, and cilantro for this delightful Roasted Asparagus with Garlic side dish.
Use a cutting board to trim the woody ends of the asparagus (remove about 1 inch of the ends).
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place asparagus in a single layer and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil making sure that each asparagus is lightly coasted and sprinkle with kosher salt.
Garnish asparagus with lime, fresh minced garlic, toasted pistachios, and cilantro.
HOW LONG TO ROAST ASPARAGUS WITH GARLIC AT 400 DEGREES
In general, asparagus takes minutes to bake or roast and these Oven Roasted Asparagus With Garlic are know different. When baking asparagus at 400 degrees in my oven, it takes minutes. This is the perfect amount of time to cook the asparagus as they are tender with a slight bite which is what you want. If overcooked, you'll be left with soft, mushy asparagus that are inedible. I strongly recommend that you use a timer in the event that you get side-tracked and forget that your asparagus are in the oven - just speaking from experience.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF EATING ASPARAGUS
As you might already know asparagus is a healthy vegetable. It's a low calorie food with little to no fat and is packed with vitamins and minerals and offers the following health benefits:
- High in vitamin K
- Contain anti-inflammatory and Antioxidant properties
- Serves as a natural diuretic
- Nourishes the digestive tract
- Helps with a healthy pregnancy due to the amount of folate
- Offers a good source of fiber
- High in vitamin B1
If you're stumped over the perfect side dish for your next lunch or dinner, give this oven Roasted Asparagus with Garlic recipe a try. You will not be disappointed.
Here, are a couple of asparagus recipes to try:
I'd love to hear your comments in the comment section below. If you love Pinterest or Instagram, I'd love for you to follow me. Oh and by the way, if you could provide star ratings down below. I'd really appreciate that too.
More importantly, thank you for visiting my blog.
If you have questions about 'How To' recipes or need tips, please send me an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Roasted Asparagus With Garlic
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp kosher salt more or less
- juice of a half lime (if your lime is not juicy, use the juice of a whole lime)
- 2 small garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted pistachios
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper. If you do not have parchment paper, use foil paper and spray lightly with cooking oil.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove pistachios from shell or use un-shelled pistachios and spread on baking sheet. Bake in oven at 400 degrees for approximately 5 minutes. Remove from oven. Using a sharp knife, give the pistachios a rough chop. Set aside.
- Clean asparagus and pat dry with paper towel. Place asparagus on a cutting board. Using a sharp knife remove the white woody ends of the asparagus and discard.
- Place asparagus on prepared baking sheet with parchment paper in a single layer and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Massage oil into asparagus making sure each stalk is lightly coated. Place in oven and roast for 8 minutes. Oven times may vary so check accordingly to prevent overcooking. When asparagus has reached your desired tenderness, remove from oven.
- Garnish with fresh lime/lemon juice, garlic, toasted pistachios and cilantro. You can also top with a pinch of salt (optional).