Simple Arugula Salad With Nectarines, the perfect salad to jump start this summer. With Yesterday being the first day of summer, I thought it would be appropriate to share this post. As you will soon learn, simple salads are my fave. Not only do they require minimal ingredients, but they're less intimating to whip-up, and can make a boring dinner look more elegant. This summer, I'm going to challenge myself to prepare more simple salads that combine greens with different types of seasonal fruit and other veggies. This is going to be a great way to add more creativity and color to my dinner menu.
HOW TO MAKE SIMPLE ARUGULA SALAD WITH NECTARINES
Simple Arugula Salad with Nectarines starts with peppery arugula combined with beautiful micro-greens, crisp nectarines, toasted walnuts, dressed in a simple vinaigrette.
Really, 15 minutes of your time and less than 10 ingredients (including the vinaigrette dressing).
As with many of my recipes, this Simple Arugula Salad with Nectarines, is a guide. You can feel free to use whatever greens you like, for example, romaine lettuce, butter lettuce, red leaf lettuce and even radicchio would be great options. Remember that when it comes to recipes, it's all about experimenting and ultimately going with what feels right to you and your family's taste. Whether you choose to replicate my Simple Arugula Nectarine Salad recipe or adapt it to your liking, it's perfectly okay, and I know it will turn out wonderfully.
So, this summer, I'm going to challenge myself to make more simple salads paired with seasonal fruits and colorful veggies. Want to join this challenge with me? If so, awesome - let's up our salad game together. Let me know by tagging me on Instagram or using #cookingwithbliss so I can see your pics.
If you're looking for other salad inspiration, check out:
More importantly, thank you for visiting my blog.
By the way, if you have questions about 'How To' recipes or need tips, please send me an email to: email@example.com.
Simple Arugula Salad With Nectarines
- 3.5 oz arugula (half of a regular size bag of arugula) and/or other greens
- 1 nectarines thinly sliced or peaches
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts optional
- 3/4 cups micro-greens optional
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt to taste
- pinch of pepper optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread walnuts on baking sheet in a single layer and toast in oven for approximate 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from oven and give a really rough chop. Set aside.
- Prepare vinaigrette. Set aside.
- Wash arugula and micro-greens and dry with a salad spinner. Set aside. Wash, dry and slice nectarines thinly. Set aside.
- To a mixing bowl, add greens, thinly sliced nectarines and walnuts. Lightly dress salad with vinaigrette BY DRIZZLING A FEW SPOONS AROUND THE EDGE OF THE BOWL WITH THE GREENS AND USING TONGS OR CLEAN HANDS TO LIGHTLY TOSS THE SALAD. This will prevent the salad from getting soggy and others can add more dressing if they choose.